Zulu grey

Zulu grey

Postby HenkB » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 am

Has anyone tried this? Interested to hear what experiences you guys have with Zulu grey stone.
HenkB

Re: Zulu grey

Postby admin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

Master Shave | The Home of Wet Shaving Enthusiasts |Links: Image Image
admin
Site Admin

Postby HenkB » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:20 am

Got myself a Zulu Grey a while ago. Yesterday I took it out to re-hone my one razor. Watched a couple of videos online about how to work with this stone, and then set off (My straight was starting to pull and tug, even when stropped).

SPent about 20mins just going through the motions, every time a little bit lighter with the pressure.

Then stropped it and started to shave. Man, what an awesome feeling. the razor just glided over my face, no pulling etc. Awesome!

I am so impressed with this stone. Not to soft, not to hard and abrasive.

Have a good day gents!
HenkB

Postby Thug » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:05 am

HenkB wrote:Got myself a Zulu Grey a while ago. Yesterday I took it out to re-hone my one razor. Watched a couple of videos online about how to work with this stone, and then set off (My straight was starting to pull and tug, even when stropped).

SPent about 20mins just going through the motions, every time a little bit lighter with the pressure.

Then stropped it and started to shave. Man, what an awesome feeling. the razor just glided over my face, no pulling etc. Awesome!

I am so impressed with this stone. Not to soft, not to hard and abrasive.

Have a good day gents!

Very nice Henk.

Did you create a slurry and if so with what stone?
Thug

Postby HenkB » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:29 am

Hi Thug.
Yes, I created a slurry. Micheal from Zulu Grey forgot to send me the slurry stone, and he said he would, however, it is a couple of months later and no stone. So I took a bit of flat granite, attached it to 1000grit sand paper and made a slurry with that. Was quite good slurry that came out.
HenkB

Postby Thug » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 pm

HenkB wrote:Hi Thug.
Yes, I created a slurry. Micheal from Zulu Grey forgot to send me the slurry stone, and he said he would, however, it is a couple of months later and no stone. So I took a bit of flat granite, attached it to 1000grit sand paper and made a slurry with that. Was quite good slurry that came out.

I wasn't impressed with Michael's service when I dealt with him.

Interesting slurry, well done!!
Thug

Return to Single Edged Razor Discussion